1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup pecans
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
12 tablespoons butter
1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350⁰. Cover a 9-inch square pan with foil and coat lightly with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, oats, pecans, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add butter to the flour mixture and beat until the contents are smooth.
- Transfer 2/3 of the mixture to the baking pan and press firmly into an even crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Spread jam over the hot crust and crumble the rest of the mixture on top. Continue to cook for about 30 minutes until the jam bubbles. Rotate the pan halfway through.
- Let the pan sit for about 2 hours until the bars are completely cooled, then cut them into squares. Recipe makes 9-16 squares.