Carolina House proudly serves people of all genders age 17 and older from across the country who are struggling with eating disorders and other co-occurring concerns.
Seeking treatment for an eating disorder can feel frightening and intimidating. At Carolina House, we have designed our admissions process to be as comfortable as possible.
We encourage prospective clients, families, loved ones, and professionals to contact us directly. Inquiries about the treatment we offer and referrals for admission can be accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our staff of helpful and knowledgeable professionals is standing by to answer any questions that you or your loved ones may have, and will we work closely with you throughout the admissions process.
Each prospective client is an active part of the admissions process. The new client will provide background history, goals for treatment, current symptoms and concerns, and additional medical information.
The role of the intake team is to help guide the client through the pre-admission process, coordinate care, and provide referrals or additional resources as needed. The intake team works with the client to gather more information regarding their strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences.
The treatment team will begin assessing whether Carolina House can best meet the prospective client’s needs and will determine the most appropriate treatment recommendation.
Pre-admission paperwork and assessments can be completed either online, in person, over the phone, via email, or by fax. The pre-admission paperwork requires a physician to perform a physical, complete lab work, and ensure medical stability.
Once the paperwork is completed, our clinical director and director of nursing will review all information to make an admissions decision and treatment recommendation. Following this decision, we’ll begin to develop the new client’s personalized treatment plan.
To start the admissions process, for additional program information, or for answers to any questions you may have, please contact us today by one of the following means:
- Call the intake team directly.
- Submit a web inquiry on our “Contact Us” page.
- Click the links in the “Offline Admission Forms” section below.
Online Admission Forms
You may start the process and complete the forms online by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please e-mail them to CHemail@example.com or fax them to (877) 275-7813.
Admissions criteria for inpatient residential treatment at Carolina House are as follows:
- Must be age 17 or older
- Must have partial motivation for recovery
- Must possess a body mass index (BMI) of 15 or above
- Must be able to demonstrate and manage basic independent living skills
We are not able to accept individuals who have the following concerns:
- Need NG or NJ feeding tubes, or require IV fluids
- Prefer a vegan diet
- Currently struggling with acute suicidal thoughts with a plan or intent to commit suicide
- Display highly aggressive behavior
- Going through acute withdrawal or require detox from alcohol or other drugs
We will be happy to work with any client who meets any of the criteria above to find an appropriate treatment center that will best meet their unique needs.
Our comprehensive care is unique in its ability to help our clients develop a healthy relationship with eating, so we welcome those who may not have found success at other treatment centers. Individuals who are appropriate for treatment at Carolina House include individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Struggling with an eating disorder and a possible co-occurring mental health disorder
- Realize that they need to help to escape the cycle of eating disorders
- Need more support than outpatient treatment can provide
- Are stepping down from a higher level of care, such as an inpatient unit or hospital
If you feel that you or your loved one would benefit from the high quality and personalized care that only Carolina House can provide, do not hesitate to contact us. Our staff is on-hand to explain our admissions process and can help determine if our center is where the journey towards a truly recovered life can begin.