Carolina House proudly serves males and females 17 and older in North and South Carolina struggling with eating disorders as well as other co-occurring disorders.
At Carolina House, located in North Carolina and servicing South Carolina and surrounding states, we know that participating in a successful treatment program for eating disorders is a journey, and we have designed specialized programming at our treatment center to support our clients every step of the way. Along with our excellent residential treatment program, we also provide outpatient programming for men and women in the forms of our partial hospitalization program (PHP) and our intensive outpatient program (IOP) at our treatment center for eating disorders.
Our PHP and IOP programs, located at our treatment center in Raleigh, North Carolina, are carefully structured and designed to best help our clients heal and recover. We use the following interventions during within each of these exemplary programs at our treatment center:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Insight-oriented therapies
- Psychodynamic therapies
Clients typically stay in our outpatient programs at our eating disorder treatment center for 30-60 days. Below is more information about our transformational PHP and IOP program.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Carolina House’s PHP is designed to be a stepping stone program that leads to independence. Appropriate for men and women who are being discharged from a residential treatment program, such as our residential program in Durham, North Carolina, or for men and women who simply need more support than can be provided in an intensive outpatient program at an eating disorder treatment center, our PHP treats men and women, ages 17 and older, who are struggling with primary eating disorder diagnoses. We also welcome men and women into our eating disorder program at out treatment center who have secondary co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
The goal of our PHP is to provide a beautiful, safe, and nurturing environment for those in our eating disorder’s treatment center program where our highly-trained and compassionate staff can help our clients move into lives that are free from eating disorders and co-occurring mental health disorders. We accomplish our goal for our treatment programs at our center through the following interventions:
- Medication management: We understand that many of our clients struggle with co-occurring mental health diagnoses, so our PHP clients at our eating disorder treatment center are provided with 1-2 weekly visits with our staff psychiatrist. In addition, clients can meet with our staff physician 1-2 times per week while in the eating disorder treatment program to address other medical needs.
- Individual therapy: Each client meets with her primary therapist once per week for a full session and 1-2 times per week for brief check-in sessions with the same therapist while participating in our program at our eating disorder treatment center.
- Family therapy: Each client receives one family therapy session per week, which is conducted by her primary therapist. Therapists are also able to provide more frequent family therapy sessions on a case-by-case basis.
- Group therapy: PHP clients at our eating disorder treatment center typically attend 4-5 group sessions per day on weekdays and weekends while in our program. Two of these groups are Food and Feelings groups that are centered around mealtimes. Other possible group topics may include:
- DBT skills
- Body movement
- Body image
- Interpersonal process group
- Addictions education
- Body image
- Media awareness
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Relapse prevention
- Guided self-care
- Experiential therapies: In addition to traditional groups, PHP clients at our eating disorder treatment center may participate in experiential interventions once per week. Some of these groups may include yoga, art therapy, culinary group, and restaurant outings.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Carolina House’s IOP is intended for men and women who are nearly ready to live independently and are in the process of transitioning back into life within their respective communities. Our IOP consists of many of the same interventions as our PHP, such as individual therapy, family therapy, group therapy, and experiential therapies. IOP clients engage in programming for three and a half hours per day while at our treatment center for eating disorders and have a choice of a morning track or an afternoon for that program track to accommodate their work or school schedules.
If you or your loved one would like more information about outpatient treatment at Carolina House, located in North Carolina and servicing South Carolina and surrounding states, please give us a call today. Today could very well be the first day of a journey towards healthy living.
Free Eating Disorder Support Group
Our group is open to all individuals seeking support in developing a healthy relationship with food and their body. We provide a space where people can come and recognize that they do not need to be alone in their struggles, and that others are going through a similar experience. This free support group allows everyone to have a safe, non-judgmental environment to help them in their journey.
No registration necessary.
Every Wednesday from 5:30 – 6:30 PM
For more information on this and other free support groups from Carolina House, please contact Eileen Case at 919-594-6681
Carolina House Raleigh
1340 Sunday Drive, #105
Raleigh, NC 27607