The secret to these easy pumpkin cupcakes is a box of yellow cake mix. With pumpkin puree and a dash of pumpkin spice, these cupcakes are so soft, moist and flavorful and pair perfectly with the delicious cream cheese frosting!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients listed on back minus the water)
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 15oz can pumpkin puree
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- Candy pumpkins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box, but add pumpkin pie spice and substitute pumpkin puree for the water. Add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners in muffin tins.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
- Combine ingredients for frosting in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Pipe or spread frosting on. ENJOY!